Historical tours in Georgia are organized by us with special zeal so that the guests of our country can see with their own eyes what they have heard about Georgia. The tours featured on this page provide such an opportunity to a large extent.
General description of tours
In addition to the Historical tours in Georgia presented below, through our other tours, you can also visit all four sides of Georgia:
– rare nature (with different types of forests; peaks; rivers; canyons; waterfalls, the magnetic coast of the Black Sea);
– ecological landscapes (with different eco-systems; desert; semi-desert; steppe. pine, oak, beech forests);
– geological layers (psephytolithic; siltolithic; peltolithic; organogenic; metamorphic; volcanic rocks);
– karst caves (speleology);
– ancient history (Paleolithic, Neolithic, Mesolithic, Ancient, Middle Ages periods., and archeology);
– Culture (choreography; folklore; theater; architecture; early medieval Christian churches-monasteries. Also vineyards; winemaking process);
– Architecture (castles; towers).
– Main cities (Tbilisi; Kutaisi; Mestia). See also Maritime City (Batumi); Resort cities and towns (Borjomi; Kobuleti; Kazbegi (Stefantsminda)); historical cities (Mtskheta; Telavi; Sighnaghi; Akhaltsikhe) and villages (Shatili; Mutso; Uplistsikhe; Vardzia).
Historical tours are held from Tbilisi to almost all directions of Georgia. These tours are mainly held in the regions of Georgia. These are: Javakheti, Svaneti, Khevsureti, Tusheti, Kakheti and others. where special monuments of the ancient history, ethnology and art of Georgia are presented.
(monuments of archeology and architecture)
Travelers will see ancient artifacts of archaeology, architecture and history. Also the fortresses of old and new era of Georgian architecture and ancient towers of different parts of Georgia.
The main tourist attractions of historical tours in Tbilisi are the Open Air Ethnology Museum, the History Museum and the Art Museum with special gold funds. The History Museum and Ethnology Museum of Mestia in Svaneti is represented by such very important funds, where among many others, unique exhibits of Georgian culture and art are preserved.
The most important expositions of ancient history are exhibited in Bolnisi and Vani historical and archeological museums. The historical tours presented by us here provide many other sights for tourists.
Terms of participation in tours in brief:
Tours during summer begin early in the morning, after breakfast and end in the evening by starting with dinner;
Number of travelers
We conduct 1-day and multi-day tours in every part of Georgia. Tours are carried out as an individual and as a group. The group must consist of at least 6 (4) members. The starting and ending place of the tour is always the same city. Tours start only from Tbilisi and/or Batumi. There will be 4 (3) meals each day of the tour;
During each tour, if there is no disturbing circumstance the meal will be three times. The fourth will be lunch, which can also be in the form of a commission while traveling out of town. For lunch a group of travelers will stop at one of the city cafes, while they are in the city and somewhere on the road while they are traveling out of town.
Lunch will be pre-ordered at one of the restaurants in the city, either on the road or at the family and dinner will be held at the place, where the group members have to spend the night;
Breakfast time is 7:00 – 7:45 pm. In spring and fall is 8:30 – 9:15 pm. In winter is 8:45 – 9:30 am;
During excursions in cities a group of travelers will travel in different modes of transport, depending on the specific time and the specific situation. Tours, which will be out of town will be carried out by specially selected transport. In some cases it will be small or large minivan, in some cases small or large bus;
The group will be accompanied by English translator during the tour. The composition of the group, for example: if it is German group, in such cases if it is desired by the group members they will be accompanied by German translator. For French-speaking groups, it may also be possible for the group to be accompanied by French translator;
Wherever tours are planned on the territory of Georgia, mobile phone connection is established everywhere. Mobile communication operators in Georgia are the following: Geocell; MagtiCom; Beeline.