Cultural tours in Georgia
Cultural tours in Georgia are organized by us with special zeal so that the guests of our country can see with their own eyes what they have heard about Georgia. The tours featured on this page provide such an opportunity to a large extent.
General description of tours
In addition to the Cultural tours in Georgia presented below, through our other tours, you can also visit all four sides of Georgia:
– rare nature (with different types of forests; peaks; rivers; canyons; waterfalls, the magnetic coast of the Black Sea);
– ecological landscapes (with different eco-systems; desert; semi-desert; steppe. pine, oak, beech forests);
– geological layers (psephytolithic; siltolithic; peltolithic; organogenic; metamorphic; volcanic rocks);
– karst caves (speleology);
– ancient history (Paleolithic, Neolithic, Mesolithic, Ancient, Middle Ages periods., and archeology);
– Culture (choreography; folklore; theater; architecture; early medieval Christian churches-monasteries. Also vineyards; winemaking process);
– Architecture (castles; towers).
– Main cities (Tbilisi; Kutaisi; Mestia). See also Maritime City (Batumi); Resort cities and towns (Borjomi; Kobuleti; Kazbegi (Stefantsminda)); historical cities (Mtskheta; Telavi; Sighnaghi; Akhaltsikhe) and villages (Shatili; Mutso; Uplistsikhe; Vardzia).
Cultural tours are mainly conducted from Tbilisi (also from Batumi) in almost all directions of Georgia. The tours provided here are held in Western Georgia – Svaneti. Also in the north of Eastern Georgia, on the southern slope of the Caucasus – Khevsureti and Tusheti. Unique monuments of Georgian architectural culture and ethnology have been preserved in these mountainous regions of Georgia. Travelers will visit the monuments of early medieval architecture, both old and new castles, as well as the early medieval Svan, Mtiuleti and Tusheti towers.
The main tourist attractions of Cultural tours in Tbilisi are the Open Air Ethnology Museum, the State Museum of History and the State Museum of Art with special gold funds.
At the end of the tours, tourists will see the rock-cut Uplistsikhe and then stop in Mtskhta, the former capital of Georgia, which presents three UNESCO World Heritage Sites and three medieval historical architectural monuments. These are: Jvari Monastery, Svetitskoveli Cathedral and Samtavro Mothers Monastery.
Terms of participation in tours in brief:
Tours during summer begin early in the morning, after breakfast and end in the evening by starting with dinner;
Number of travelers
We conduct 1-day and multi-day tours in every part of Georgia. Tours are carried out as an individual and as a group. The group must consist of at least 6 (4) members. The starting and ending place of the tour is always the same city. Tours start only from Tbilisi and/or Batumi. There will be 4 (3) meals each day of the tour;
During each tour, if there is no disturbing circumstance the meal will be three times. The fourth will be lunch, which can also be in the form of a commission while traveling out of town. For lunch a group of travelers will stop at one of the city cafes, while they are in the city and somewhere on the road while they are traveling out of town.
Lunch will be pre-ordered at one of the restaurants in the city, either on the road or at the family and dinner will be held at the place, where the group members have to spend the night;
Breakfast time is 7:00 – 7:45 pm. In spring and fall is 8:30 – 9:15 pm. In winter is 8:45 – 9:30 am;
During excursions in cities a group of travelers will travel in different modes of transport, depending on the specific time and the specific situation. Tours, which will be out of town will be carried out by specially selected transport. In some cases it will be small or large minivan, in some cases small or large bus;
The group will be accompanied by English translator during the tour. The composition of the group, for example: if it is German group, in such cases if it is desired by the group members they will be accompanied by German translator. For French-speaking groups, it may also be possible for the group to be accompanied by French translator;
Wherever tours are planned on the territory of Georgia, mobile phone connection is established everywhere. Mobile communication operators in Georgia are the following: Geocell; MagtiCom; Beeline.